Scotland and Northern Ireland
Factual Fast Track
Following on from the success of Factual Fast Track Wales, BBC, Channel 4, Northern Ireland Screen, Screen Scotland and TRC are delighted to launch Factual Fast Track Scotland and Northern Ireland.
This reputation-building programme fast tracks established Producers who feel they are overlooked for larger scale and bigger budget productions on network by raising their profiles, extending their skills and experience, and expanding their networks so they become business winning Series Producers and Executive Producers for Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Funded by BBC, Channel 4, Screen Scotland and Northern Ireland Screen, Fast Track is now recruiting for its first selection of participants in Scotland and Northern Ireland to inspire confidence and ensure factual production goes from strength to strength and continues to flourish.
Successful candidates will benefit from:
- Top flight industry training
- Paid production placements
- Commissioner and production mentors
- Exclusive access to commissioners
- Insight into commissioning processes and priorities
- One-to-one support
- A chance to be a part of a cohort of outstanding producers
Funded by BBC, Channel 4, Northern Ireland Screen and Screen Scotland.
Please see the full list of FAQs about the programme below.
Factual Fast Track is a development programme designed to accelerate the careers of Scotland and Northern Ireland’s most talented and creative factual Producers. The programme features paid placements, training opportunities, commissioning insights and the chance to be mentored by industry leaders.
Factual Fast Track will run from October 2021 - October 2022.
Factual Fast Track’s purpose is to build confidence in and raise the profile of Scottish and Northern Irish factual production talent who feel they are overlooked for larger scale and bigger budget productions on network. To apply, you must be working in the factual sector in Scotland or Northern Ireland. To be eligible you will:
- Have a strong track record in factual production and have at least 3 years' experience at Producer level across a range of factual output and have a minimum of three relevant broadcast credits
- Be working in any factual genre. This includes but is not limited to specialist factual, factual entertainment and daytime. We are particularly interested in those with interest and experience in factual entertainment.
- Be a stand-out programme maker with editorial and creative flair who is willing to push boundaries and take risks to challenge assumptions.
- Be an innovative and original thinker who has been instrumental in creating ground-breaking shows loved by both audiences and broadcasters.
- Be passionate about and/or have experience of creating production teams with a broad range of voices and backgrounds.
- Have the potential to be a strategic leader with the skills and resilience to lead collaborative and creative teams
- Be able to participate in this development programme in October 2021 – October 2022 and commit to attending between one and two training or commissioning events every month
We are looking for diversity of voice, insights and experience. We encourage applications from under-represented groups in the TV industry, including those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds, people with disabilities, people from lower socio-economic backgrounds and returners-to-work.
Priority will be given to freelancers applying for this scheme but other candidates will be considered.
Successful candidates will benefit from:
- Curated production placements in a stretch role on productions that will raise profiles, expand networks and develop professional and personal skills.
- Two mentors: a commissioner from a stakeholder broadcaster offering strategic and industry advice to inform career trajectory and an expert production mentor in the role and genre in which the participant is placed to offer operational support.
- Exclusive access to commissioners at stakeholder broadcasters
- Continuous one-to-one support
- Being part of a supportive cohort of peers working in factual production in Scotland and Northern Ireland
Targeted training with industry experts such as:
- Understanding formats and how to create returnable formats
- Storytelling and scripting
- Creative leadership, managing people, negotiation and communication
- Personal impact and resilience
- Pitching and presentation
Once you have read all of the supporting information on this page please click here to apply to Factual Fast Track.
If you have any further questions please email email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 29th September.
Factual Fast Track will run from October 2021 - October 2022. The programme will feature 1-2 training events every month (mainly online) as well as a total of 23 weeks of placement throughout the year. The length and timing of the placement will depend on the individual productions available throughout the year.
There is no cost to the participants for Factual Fast Track. In addition, there will be 23 weeks of fully paid placement. The length and timing of the placement will depend on the individual productions available throughout the year.
If you have any further questions about the programme please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have read the eligibility criteria and have at least 3 years' experience at Producer level across a range of factual output and have a minimum of three relevant broadcast credits then you can apply for Factual Fast Track here. Applications close on Wednesday 29th September.
Factual Fast Track Scotland and Northern Ireland Q&A Zoom
Join commissioners Daniel Fromm from Channel 4 and Ricky Cooper from BBC together with successful Alumni from Wales Factual Fast Track last year to learn more about Factual Fast Track Scotland and Northern Ireland. Sign up to our Webinar being held on Wednesday 22nd September at 3:30pm using the link below. Alternatively, if you have any questions about the programme please email email@example.com
Creative Zoom: Factual Fast Track Q&A
Sign up to register your interest in the Creative Zoom: Factual Fast Track Scotland and Northern Ireland Q&A in September (exact date TBC).