Scotland and Northern Ireland
Factual Fast Track
Following on from the success of Factual Fast Track Wales, BBC, Channel 4, Northern Ireland Screen, Screen Scotland and TRC are delighted to launch Factual Fast Track Scotland and Northern Ireland.
This reputation-building programme fast tracks established Producers who feel they are overlooked for larger scale and bigger budget productions on network by raising their profiles, extending their skills and experience, and expanding their networks so they become business winning Series Producers and Executive Producers for Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Funded by BBC, Channel 4, Screen Scotland and Northern Ireland Screen, Fast Track is now recruiting for its first selection of participants in Scotland and Northern Ireland to inspire confidence and ensure factual production goes from strength to strength and continues to flourish.
Successful candidates will benefit from:
- Top flight industry training
- Paid production placements
- Commissioner and production mentors
- Exclusive access to commissioners
- Insight into commissioning processes and priorities
- One-to-one support
- A chance to be a part of a cohort of outstanding producers
Funded by BBC, Channel 4, Northern Ireland Screen and Screen Scotland.
Please see the full list of FAQs about the programme below.
Factual Fast Track is a development programme designed to accelerate the careers of Scotland and Northern Ireland’s most talented and creative factual Producers. The programme features paid placements, training opportunities, commissioning insights and the chance to be mentored by industry leaders.
Factual Fast Track will run throughout 2023.
Factual Fast Track’s purpose is to build confidence in and raise the profile of Scottish and Northern Irish factual production talent who feel they are overlooked for larger scale and bigger budget productions on network. To apply, you must be working in the factual sector in Scotland or Northern Ireland. To be eligible you will:
- Have a strong track record in factual production and have at least 3 years' experience at Producer level across a range of factual output and have a minimum of three relevant broadcast credits
- Be working in any factual genre. This includes but is not limited to specialist factual, factual entertainment and daytime. We are particularly interested in those with interest and experience in factual entertainment.
- Be a stand-out programme maker with editorial and creative flair who is willing to push boundaries and take risks to challenge assumptions.
- Be an innovative and original thinker who has been instrumental in creating ground-breaking shows loved by both audiences and broadcasters.
- Be passionate about and/or have experience of creating production teams with a broad range of voices and backgrounds.
- Have the potential to be a strategic leader with the skills and resilience to lead collaborative and creative teams
- Be able to participate in this development programme taking place throughout 2023 and commit to attending between one and two training or commissioning events every month
We are looking for diversity of voice, insights and experience. We encourage applications from under-represented groups in the TV industry, including those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds, people with disabilities, people from lower socio-economic backgrounds and returners-to-work.
Priority will be given to freelancers applying for this scheme but other candidates will be considered.
Successful candidates will benefit from:
- Curated production placements in a stretch role on productions that will raise profiles, expand networks and develop professional and personal skills.
- Two mentors: a commissioner from a stakeholder broadcaster offering strategic and industry advice to inform career trajectory and an expert production mentor in the role and genre in which the participant is placed to offer operational support.
- Exclusive access to commissioners at stakeholder broadcasters
- Continuous one-to-one support
- Being part of a supportive cohort of peers working in factual production in Scotland and Northern Ireland
Targeted training with industry experts such as:
- Understanding formats and how to create returnable formats
- Storytelling and scripting
- Creative leadership, managing people, negotiation and communication
- Personal impact and resilience
- Pitching and presentation
Application for Factual Fast Track Scotland and Northern Ireland are currently closed. To be notified about any future editions, you can register your interest here.
If you have any further questions please email email@example.com.
Factual Fast Track will take place throughout 2023. The programme will feature 1-2 training events every month (mainly online) as well as a total of 23 weeks of placement throughout the year. The length and timing of the placement will depend on the individual productions available throughout the year.
There is no cost to the participants for Factual Fast Track. In addition, there will be 23 weeks of fully paid placement. The length and timing of the placement will depend on the individual productions available throughout the year.
If you have any further questions about the programme please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for Factual Fast Track are now closed.
Register your interest to be the first to hear about the next edition of Factual Fast Track Scotland and Northern Ireland.
WANT TO HEAR MORE ABOUT OUR CURRENT Factual Fast TRack DELEGATES?