Meet the SuperSizer Class of 2018/19 - a host of the best TV Development executives working in the Nations and Regions of the UK. Find out the show they wish they'd pitched, their top tips for working in telly and more.
Could your TV production company produce the next big hit?
SuperSizer is a training programme for independent production companies in the Nations and Regions who want to win big, high value commissions that will transform their business.
Running from September 2019 through to March 2020, the programme brings Development Executives together for monthly one-day training sessions. SuperSizer will address three key areas:
- The Role of the Development Executive: Understanding the importance of the role of development and creating specialists in this field.
- The Commissioner: Insider knowledge of how commissioners work, think and act and the importance of understanding differing channel needs.
- Creative Thinking Skills: Think Big! How to create scale and ambition and motivate your team. Creative thinking and ideas generation.
Full details of the 2019/20 programme are to be announced. Register your interest and we'll keep you in the loop.
Each month our SuperSizer training sessions will offer intensive workshops focusing on key development areas including:
- Leading Creative Teams
- Pitching & Presentation
- Personal Impact & Influence
SuperSizer offers exceptional access to leading commissioners and senior perosonnel at boardcasters. Previous contributors for the programme include:
- Ben Frow (Channel 5)
- Emma Wetcott (Channel 5)
- Greg Barnett (Channel 5)
- Daniel Pearl (Channel 5)
- Andrea Amey (Channel 5)
- Linda Daubrey (Channel 5)
- Lucy Willis (Channel 5)
- Jo Street (BBC role – Jo is now at Channel 4)
- Priya Singh (ITV)
- Peter Tierney (ITV)
- Fatima Salaria (BBC, now Channel 4)
- Ricky Cooper (BBC)
- Claire Mottershead (BBC)
- Beejal-Maya Patel (BBC)
- Emily Allen (BBC)
- Martha Housden (BBC Studios)
- Danny Horan (Channel 4)
- Charlie Palmer (Channel 4)
- Becky Cadman (Channel 4)
- Deborah Dunnett (Channel 4)
- Nicola Harrison (Channel 4)
- Lucy O’Neill (Channel 4)
- Lucy Leveugle (In Channel 4 role. Lucy is now at Netflix)
- Ramy El-Bergamy (formerly Channel 4)
- Diana Carter (A+E Networks UK)
- Jake Chudnow (YouTube Originals)
18th September 2019
16th October 2019
13th November 2019
December, January, February and March sessions TBC.
Dates are subject to change
- As this is a company-focused programme you must have endorsement from production company owner or Managing Director (written statement of support)
- Applicants should have significant experience in television programme development and have been responsible for at least ONE idea that has gone on to be commissioned
- The production company must be based in Nations and Regions
- The Development Executive must be based in Nations and Regions
- Availability to travel to Glasgow or elsewhere* and attend ALL of the monthly training sessions (dates below)
*For Development Executives based out-with Scotland and in the Nations and Regions there may be travel bursaries available. One of the course sessions will be held in London and we will extend the travel bursaries to those travelling from Scotland in this instance. For more information on the course and applying please contact SuperSizer Project Manager Caroline McGonigle.
Applications opening soon!
It's almost time to launch applications for the 2019/20 round of SuperSizer. Sign up to our mailing list below and be the first to know when applications open again.
- Companies will gain a renewed emphasis on the importance of professional development for executives who engage directly with commissioners
- Increased pitching of big ideas of scale and programmes that can return season after season to bring the company’s business to the next level
- Increased industry knowledge, network and profile
- Strong support network of fellow Development Executives
SuperSizer is an original training concept by TRC.
SuperSizer is funded by BBC, Channel 4, Scottish Enterprise and Screen Scotland. Course fee: £500.
Lion Television Scotland
Hungry Bear Media
Khurram Adnan Sheikh
Meridian Line Films
Our 2017 delegates were:
Pacific Quay Productions
Full Fat TV
Raise the Roof Productions
Red Sky Productions
Title Role Productions
Out of London producers gain exclusive broadcaster access
This week, the delegates of SuperSizer (the smiling folks in the above photo) ar ...
SuperSizer delegates announced!
TRCmedia are excited to announce the successful candidates of a new training pro ...