Your privacy is important to us.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The data handler is The Research Centre (known as TRC), a charity registered in Scotland, No: SC027824. Company No: SC184572.
Our registered address is:
77 Renfrew Street
Glasgow G2 3BZ
Tel. 0141 223 8820
The information we collect from you
This section will be split into four sections: web visitor, applicant, delegate, alumni.
1. Web Visitor
The information we may collect from you:
- Information provided to TRC through online application forms/surveys and correspondence through our website.
- information you provide when you contact us by phone, e-mail, social media or otherwise.
- details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own administrative purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access.
- We use Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to learn about our website visitors, and possibly target future advertising. All data is anonymised and we do not match it to usernames, email addresses or other personally identifying information. Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics tracking by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Securing your data
We take appropriate security measures to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. Only authorised employees are permitted to access personal information, and only for permitted business reasons.
TRC Training Agreement
Due to the subsidised nature of TRC training, there is certain information that we must share with our funders to report on the effectiveness of TRC training and ensure continued support for the work that we do. Below we outline the information we hold on you at various stages in the application process, how we store this data and who we share it with.
When applying for a TRC training programme, we ask for information including but not limited to: your name, phone number, employment history, home address, business address, business turnover, CV and references.
This information will be used to judge your application against our judging criteria and to contact you in the instance that you are successful in your application. Please note that TRC training programmes are very competitive and we cannot guarantee personalised feedback.
How we process this data:
When applying for a training programme, you will be given the option to ‘opt-in’ to having your application form saved on our system for a period of up to 3 years. This is because it is common for people to apply for a training programme on more than one occasion before being successful. If you do not choose to opt in, your data will be deleted from our system.
If you are selected for a long form training programme from TRC you agree to providing the following information in order to fully participate in the training programme:
- Business information- eg. annual turnover, number of staff, support received from Scottish Enterprise, Business Gateway or other support organisation
- Feedback from each training session, including ratings of exercises, key business takeaways and suggestions for improvement as well as a final feedback form. This information will be collected on Surveymonkey and stored as above with application forms. Again, this information will be used in reports and monitoring for our funders (see above Training Agreement).
- Further feedback will be gathered up to three years after the completion of the course
We will also ask that delegates sign a permission form at the start of the programme for photography and recording.
How we process this information:
- Business information will be shared with programme funders. We will never publish this informatin publicly.
- Information gathered in feedback surveys will be collated into reports for the programme funders. These will be used to evaluate the success of our training programmes.
- Feedback surveys may ask for a quote and will be clearly highlighted as possible promotional material. Quotes may be shared on the TRC website, social media channels or in print or press releases to promote TRC training.
After the training programme is complete, you will become part of the TRC Network, along with others who have completed TRC training programmes, allowing access to exclusive training and events. TRC will contact alumni about our annual alumni survey and potential opportunities through our alumni mailing list. We will ask your permission before adding you to this list and you can opt out of communications at any time.