TRC is a high-end training provider for the television production sector with a fantastic reputation for producing industry-led training programmes that deliver impact and results.
A non-profit organisation and registered charity based in Glasgow, we deliver professional development programmes, traineeships, short courses, events and workshops for individuals and companies working in television and screen production across the UK.
Increasing inclusivity and diversity in the screen industries is of huge importance to TRC as an organisation and the industry as a whole. In recent years we have developed and delivered a number of traineeship programmes such as rad and Reset, that are looking to attract, welcome and support new talent into the sector. As existing programmes grow, and new ones come on stream, TRC is looking for a New Entrant Training Manager to join the business in a newly created role which will enable us to improve outputs and increase support and outreach for the increased numbers of new entrant trainees passing through TRC. Supporting our alumni to continue working in the sector will help us underpin the success of our programmes, increasing our results and success rate.
As New Entrant Training Manager you will lead on strengthening and overseeing the successful delivery of existing programmes, create and support and alumni network and work with senior management to explore and develop opportunities for new programmes and support initiatives.
This is a great opportunity to become a key member of a small but dynamic team, working in the exciting growth area of television and screen production. An entrepreneurial, ideas person, you will be a formidable organiser and multi-tasker with excellent communication and people management skills who is welcoming and good at engaging with people from diverse backgrounds entering a new sector. You are someone who pays attention to detail, sorts problems before they happen, and who loves a deadline! Above all, we will be looking for someone with buckets of initiative who can spot opportunities for developing our traineeships in new ways and into new areas.
TRC is an equal opportunities employer who supports flexible working - salary and terms will be agreed with the appropriate candidate, commensurate with experience. This is a 12-month contract initially and a hybrid role; you must be able to work from the Glasgow office an agreed number of days a week.
- Monitor and evaluate the full slate of new entrant traineeships
- Supervise the delivery of radWales
- Plan, deliver and monitor radScotland programmes including:
- promotion, recruitment, securing trainers and contributors for all sessions
- preparation and management of project plans, budgets and activities
- prepare reports for the Managing Director, Board and Funders
- prepare Case Studies of current trainees
- Develop a community of new entrant alumni
- Monitoring progress and engagement with alumni from current and previous new entrant traineeships, connecting them with industry opportunities.
- Explore opportunities for new projects in different regions and sectors
- Develop assets and content for new entrants on the TRC Kajabi platform
Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in a Project Manager role ideally within television or a creative organisation.
- Experience of managing others
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, planning and organisational skills with the ability to work with all levels of staff and leadership.
- Resourceful and independent with a proactive approach and the ability to work without close supervision
- Knowledge of screen training and delivery.
- Keen interest in or knowledge of the broadcast and/or screen industries in Scotland and the Nations and Regions
- Knowledge of or existing relationships with public sector screen and/or creative industries related bodies in Scotland and the Nations and Regions
- A keen and confident networker with the ability to develop and maintain effective partnerships and relationships at all levels
- Excellent research skills.
- Flexibility to work out of hours on occasion and travel occasionally when required.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, including database management and Excel
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good understanding of project/programme management techniques and methods
- Ability to travel when required
- Comfortable using Zoom and/or other online communication platforms (training will be provided)
- Experience of learning platforms such as Kajabi
- Established relationships with public sector screen and creative industries related bodies in Scotland and the Nations and Regions
- Established relationships with the screen and broadcast production base in Scotland and the Nations and Regions
- Experience in a training related role.
- Excellent writing and proof-reading skills.
- Adept at using social media as an effective communication tool.
- Experience of working with new entrants to support progression.
- Experience of working within an outreach role, working, and building partnerships with industry and community organisations.
Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter telling us what you have to offer and why you are the right person for the job to email@example.com by 5.00pm on Wednesday 12th April. Interviews are expected to be held on the afternoon of Wednesday 19th April.