As they celebrate their 25th year, Glasgow-based training provider TRC has announced the appointment of two new board members:
- Dawn Beresford, Director of Talent, Commissioning at BBC
- Muslim Alim, Commissioning Editor at BBC
Dawn and Muslim will bring a wealth of experience and knowledge which will solidify TRC’s commitment to supporting talent and company development throughout the Nations and Regions.
TRC continues to go from strength to strength, training over 118 delegates from the Nations and Regions in the past year alone through a variety of professional development programmes for mid and senior level professionals, as well as training schemes for new entrants in response to sector demand.
The past year has seen the organisation expand its offer, with the delivery of SuperSizing Development Teams and ScreenSkills’ Series Producer Programme. SuperSizing Development Teams is an expansion of the successful SuperSizer programme now in its 6th year working with the full development team within indies.
Most recently, the training provider launched TRC Shorts: Business Affairs, aimed at providing accessible business affairs support to senior execs of indies based in the Nations & Regions.
The organisation’s success continues in 2023 with the return of rad Scotland and rad Cymru Wales, TRC’s entry level training programmes aimed at those who are underrepresented in the TV industry, as well as non-scripted development training programme FormatLab.
To find out more about TRC’s training, visit trcmedia.org/training/
Dawn Beresford, Director of Talent, Commissioning at the BBC commented:
“I’m excited to join TRC’s Board of Directors. The non-profit organisation plays a vital role designing and delivering training primarily in the Nations and Regions, keeping freelancers and indies skills up to date and relevant to industry need.”
Muslim Alim, Commissioning Editor at the BBC added:
“I am absolutely thrilled to join TRC's board having been involved in many of their initiatives over the past few years. Their training helps individuals and production companies flourish and is well recognised across the broadcast industry. As a board member I am eager to contribute my unique insights and perspective to help shape TRC's strategic direction.”
Claire Scally, Managing Director of TRC, said:
“As we celebrate the 25th anniversary of TRC, we are delighted to welcome two new great additions to our board of trustees. TRC is committed to supporting indies and helping new talent enter the industry in the Nations and Regions and it is important to have a Board that reflects that aim. We look forward to the energy and expertise Dawn and Muslim will bring to our work.”
To learn more about TRC and its training and development programmes please visit www.trcmedia.org.
- TRC is one of the UK’s leading training providers for Broadcast and Digital. TRC is a registered charity based in Glasgow, funded by Screen Scotland, BBC Nations and Regions and Channel 4.
- The two new board members will join the existing TRC board which includes:
- Jane Muirhead - Managing Director, Raise the Roof Productions
- Norma Wisnevitz - Chief Operating Officer, True North
- Jane Kelly - Creative Director, Big Mountain
- Kieran Doherty - CEO and Co-founder, Stellify Media
- Nia Thomas - Managing Director, Boom Cymru
- Jo Street - Head of Daytime & Features and Head of Glasgow Hub, Channel 4
- Andrew Chitty - Creative Economy Champion, Arts and Humanities Research Council