TRC is a high-end training provider for the television production sector with a fantastic reputation for producing industry-led training programmes that deliver impact and results.
A non-profit organisation and registered charity based in Glasgow, we deliver professional development programmes, traineeships, short courses, events and workshops, with a reputation as one of the UK’s leading training providers.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for an experienced Finance Officer to join our small but busy team. Reporting to the Managing Directors (MDs) you will support the MDs and team in the smooth running of the organisation’s finances.
We need you to be a formidable organiser with excellent communication skills and attention to detail and a team player.
TRC is an equal opportunities employer that promotes flexible working, and this role would suit someone who would like to work flexible hours on a part-time basis: 2 to 2.5 days per week. Our staff are currently working in a hybrid way – part from home and part based in our Glasgow office. We offer excellent holidays and pension, salary commensurate with experience.
- Inputting all income and expenditure on a recognised accounts package such as SAGE Cloud, Xero or Free Agent
- Preparation of Supplier POs
- Preparation and issue of Sales Invoices
- Monitoring funder payment schedules and milestones
- Managing and recording all company payments: credit card payments, direct debits, Standing Orders and remittances
- Bank and credit card reconciliations
- Preparation and payment of monthly salaries to send to Payroll service
- Preparation and processing of wages journal and reconciliation of wages control accounts
- Preparation and filing VAT returns
- Create Working Budget for all projects
- Monthly monitoring of Project Manager (PM) Working Budgets and reporting to MD
- Liaise with TRC accountant on quarterly accounts
- Preparation and management of Project Budget Summaries and Forecasts and reporting to MD
- Support MD with annual audit
- Support MD in preparing budgets for funding proposals
- Management of Staff Holiday Allowance
- Proven experience in a Finance role
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, in particular Excel
- Excellent knowledge of an accounting package such as Sage Cloud, Xero or Free Agent
- Excellent Administration and time-management skills
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Comfortable using Zoom for hybrid working (training will be provided)
Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00pm on Friday 3rd June 2022.