TRC is a high-end training provider for the television production sector with a fantastic reputation for producing industry-led training programmes that deliver impact and results.
A non-profit organisation and registered charity based in Glasgow, we deliver professional development programmes, traineeships, short courses, events and workshops for individuals and companies working in television production across the UK.
Following a period of unprecedented growth for the organisation, TRC is looking for a Deputy Managing Director to join the business in a newly created role. As Deputy Managing Director you will support the Managing Director in delivering leadership and strategic direction for the organisation and your role will be instrumental in delivering the major goals and objectives of the organisation.
This is a great opportunity to become a key member of a small but dynamic team, working in the exciting growth area of broadcast and television production. You will take an active role in implementing new business initiatives and will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of all areas of the organisation across operational and project delivery.
The ideal candidate will be a formidable organiser and multi-tasker with excellent communication and people management skills, someone who pays attention to detail, sorts problems before they happen, and who loves a deadline! You will nurture great team working and a highly collegiate and supportive culture. Above all, we are looking for an unflappable, team player who embraces opportunity and has buckets of initiative!
The role will be 4 days per week, salary commensurate with experience.
- HR and team management including: contracts; annual leave; timesheets; annual reviews (with MD); staff training and development
- Updating staff handbook and policies and ensuring these are applied and embedded across the organisation
- Managing the smooth running of the team and office including: reviewing operational and training IT needs; providing clear internal communications and scheduling hybrid working; maintaining an effective and cost-efficient working environment
- Oversee successful delivery of all TRC projects to ensure training is delivered to the highest standards including: line management of project management team; reviewing schedules and planning; trainee selection
- Supporting the MD with funding applications and R&D including: preparation of reports, reviews and roundtables discussions
- Preparation of all TRC activity reports including: annual report and quarterly activity reports for funders and stakeholders
- Supporting the MD at Board Meetings including: scheduling meetings; preparing meeting paperwork; taking and writing minutes
- Deputising for MD and representing TRC at specified meetings and industry events
- Contributing ideas for new training programmes
- Proven experience in a managerial/administration position
- Experience of people management and managing teams
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Resourceful and independent with a proactive approach and the ability to work without close supervision
- Good understanding of project/programme management techniques and methods
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Comfortable using Zoom and/or other online communication platforms (training will be provided)
- Ability to travel when required
- Keen interest in or knowledge of the broadcast and/or creative industries sectors
- Experience of writing funding applications and detailed reports
Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter telling us what you have to offer and why you are the right person for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00pm on Thursday 21st July 2022.
Please note we are unable to respond to applicants who haven't been selected for interview.