Dealing with Difficult People is a one day training programme for those working in the TV and Digital sectors. The course will enable you to hone and develop the skills needed to manage difficult individuals and situations effectively. The day will be led by Sue Ahern, Training Director of Creative People and highly respected BBC television and radio producer and journalist.
Topics covered in the course:
• defining difficult and aggressive behaviour
• why difficult situations occur
• why you react the way you do
• making sure you’ve heard things correctly
• tactics for diffusing difficult situations
• negotiating to minimise differences
• positive relationships –building rapport
• staying calm and responding appropriately
• dealing effectively with criticism
• how to deliver constructive feedback
• manage up effectively
The course will take place at the TRC offices in Glasgow city centre on 26th June 2017. Places are limited to ensure participants benefit fully from training provided.
We expect high demand for this course, so please get in touch as soon as possible to reserve your place. We will consider running the course again in the future if demand is very high.
Cost: £210 per participant.
About the Trainer:
Sue Ahern is the Training Director of Creative People, an international training and coaching consultancy, which she co-founded after a successful career as a programme maker. Sue worked as a journalist, producer and series producer and she managed the Radio Training department for the BBC before forming Creative People which specialises in helping media businesses. She works mainly in the areas of management development, leadership and improving individual and team performance. She is also a trained mediator.