Scotland and Northern Ireland
Factual Fast Track
Following on from the success of Factual Fast Track Wales, Channel 4, BBC, Northern Ireland Screen and Screen Scotland and TRC are delighted to launch Factual Fast Track Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Factual Fast Track is a development programme designed to accelerate the careers of factual producers.
Successful candidates will benefit from:
- Top flight industry training
- Paid production placements
- Commissioner and production mentors
- Exclusive access to commissioners
- Insight into commissioning processes and priorities
- One to one support
- A chance to be a part of a cohort of outstanding producers
As a commitment to the development of the sector, shortlisted candidates will also benefit from industry training on topics such as storytelling, pitching, negotiation, confidence and personal development.
Funded by Channel 4, BBC, Northern Ireland Screen and Screen Scotland.
Please see the full list of FAQs about the programme below.
TRC CREATIVE ZOOM Q&A: FACTUAL FAST TRACK (SCOTLAND AND NORTHERN IRELAND)
If you are interested in hearing more about Factual Fast Track, please register for the live Zoom event (date TBC) covering Factual Fast Track content and tips for how to complete the application form by signing up here.
To be eligible for Factual Fast Track you will:
- Have a strong track record in factual production and have at least 3 years' experience at PD, development producer, producer or SP level across a range of factual output and have a minimum of three relevant broadcast credits
- Work in one or more of the following genres: factual, specialist factual, factual entertainment or in development
- Be a stand-out programme maker with editorial and creative confidence who is willing to push boundaries and take risks to challenge assumptions.
- Be an innovative and original thinker who has been instrumental in creating ground-breaking shows loved by both audiences and broadcasters.
- Be passionate about and/or experience of creating production teams with a diverse range of voices
- Have the experience or the potential to be a strategic leader with the skills and resilience to lead collaborative and creative teams
- Be able to start this development programme in September 2021 – September 2022 and commit to attending between one and two training or commissioning events every month
TRC Creative Zoom Q&A
Join us for a Q&A event for more information about Factual Fast Track and tips for applying on date TBC.
Once you have reading all of the supporting documents you can complete your Factual Fast Track application here. All shortlisted candidates will also benefit from expert training.
Creative Zoom: Factual Fast Track Q&A
Sign up to register your interest in the Creative Zoom: Factual Fast Track Scotland and Northern Ireland Q&A on DATE TBC.