TRCmedia is looking for 10 ambitious Development Executives in the Nations and Regions to take part in SuperSizer – a company focused training programme delivered by professional trainers, commissioners and leading development executives.
Running from October 2017 through to April 2018, each monthly one-day training session will address three key areas:
- The Role of the Development Executive: The importance of the role of development and creating specialists in this field.
- The Commissioner: Insider knowledge of how commissioners work, think and act and the importance of understanding differing channel needs.
- Creative Thinking Skills: Think Big! How to create scale and ambition and motivate your team. Creative thinking and ideas generation.
Each month our SuperSizer training sessions will offer intensive workshops focusing on key development areas including: Science of the Schedule, The Perfect Taster ‘Rip & Stitch’, Formats – the Holy Grail?, Pitch Perfect – the Polisher as well as the opportunity to work closely with leading commissioning editors across factual, factual entertainment and specialist factual genres. We kick-start our SuperSizer Programme on Wednesday, 25 October with a ‘mind-blowing’ Big Ideas session.
- Companies with a renewed emphasis on the importance of professional development executives who engage directly with commissioners
- Increased pitching of big ideas of scale and programmes that can return season after season (for example First Dates, Country Vet, Location Location Location) to bring the company’s business to the next level
- Increased industry knowledge, network and profile
- Applicants should have significant experience in television programme development and have been responsible for at least ONE idea that has gone on to be commissioned
- Endorsement from production company owner or Managing Director (written statement of support)
- The production company must be based in Nations and Regions
- The Development Executive must be based in Nations and Regions
- Availability to travel to Glasgow* and attend ALL of the monthly in-house training sessions
*For Development Executives based out-with Scotland and in the Nations and Regions there may be travel bursaries available. For more information please contact TRCmedia Project Manager Caroline Newson.
SuperSizer is funded by BBC, Channel 4, Scottish Enterprise and Creative Scotland. Course fee: £250.